Defending Hayden Book Tour Is Here Today!


Defending Hayden
Series: A Second Chances Novel
Author: L.P. Dover
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: June 28, 2016
Publisher: Random House
Cover designed by: Regina Wamba at Mae I Design and Photography
Photo taken by: Regina Wamba



Here's a Little About the Book...

No one’s tougher than Carolina Cougars linebacker Derek McLaughlin. But when a fatal car accident claims the life of his girlfriend, Derek finds himself caught in a destructive spiral of drugs, alcohol, and meaningless sex. But not even a string of one-night stands can ease the hurt. Football is all he has left. Then fate leads him back to the scene of the crash, and into the arms of a kind, gorgeous woman who sees past his fa├žade to the man he once was . . . and can be again.

When a chance roadside encounter brings Derek into her life, veterinarian Hayden Hunter isn’t fooled by his bad attitude: All bark and no bite, he’s hiding a wounded heart beneath that gruff demeanor. And Hayden wants to be the one to kiss it all better. Soon they both find that a dose of passion is potent medicine. But when a hidden enemy lashes out at Hayden, Derek steps up to do what he does best: put his body on the line in the name of love.


Buy Links for Defending Hayden:



What Others Are Saying About Defending Hayden...


“Sexy and emotional with characters you will root for, Defending Hayden is a great addition to the Second Chances series!”—Elisabeth Barrett, author of the Return to Briarwood series

“Defending Hayden is a smart and heartwarming story that is impossible to put down. Throw in a sexy football player and some lovable animals and you’re all set.”—Stina Lindenblatt, author of This One Moment





Here's Just A Little Teaser or Two...






Here's A Special Ecerpt from Defending Hayden...

Guilt plagued me and I felt sick. Getting out of bed, I paced the room, running my hands angrily through my hair. I didn’t want to hurt Hayden. Keeping her away would protect her from my life. She was bound to leave me anyway. I’d fuck up somehow and it would ruin her. What the hell was I talking about? I’d already fucked her up.

“Derek?” Her voice was like honey, silky and sweet. I’d imagined what it would be like to hear that voice screaming my name as I fucked her over and over. Last night had been the best night of my life, but it had scared the shit out of me. I couldn’t shake it. “Derek, are you okay?” she asked. Stopping midstep, I turned to face her, and her eyes widenened when she got a glimpse of my face. I could only imagine what she saw. So many emotions battled inside me. She held the blanket to her chest, and her lips trembled. “Please tell me this wasn’t just a game to you,” she whispered.

Swallowing hard, I sat down on the edge of the bed and reached for her. She recoiled from my touch. “None of this was a game, Hayden. Last night was fucking amazing.”

Her eyes glistened, but her jaw was firm. “Then why are you looking at me like that? Like you regret what we did.”

I wanted to touch her, but last night had been my only chance. She’d never let me close to her again. “I don’t regret it, but eventually you will. You’re not the only one who’s lost someone they cared about. I can’t go through it again. It’s best to stop this before it goes any further.”

“Any further?” she scoffed. She waved her arm around the room, her anger so thick I could cut it with a knife. “If you didn’t want it to go any further, then why did you bring me here? Why would you do that to me?”

“Because I care about you,” I said, knowing it made no sense to her.

“Then why are you pushing me away?” she cried.

Standing, I got up and walked over to the window. “You wouldn’t understand.”



Meet Author L. P Dover

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author L. P. Dover is a southern belle living in North Carolina with her husband and two beautiful girls. Before she began her literary journey she worked in periodontics, enjoying the wonderment of dental surgeries.

She loves to write, but she also loves to play tennis, go on mountain hikes and white water rafting, and has a passion for singing. Her two youngest fans expect a concert each and every night before bedtime, usually Christmas carols.

Dover has written countless novels, including her Forever Fae series, the Second Chances series, the Gloves Off series, the Armed & Dangerous series, the Royal Shifters series, the Society X series, and her standalone novel Love, Lies, and Deception. Her favorite genre to read and write is romantic suspense, but if she got to choose a setting in which to live, it would be with her faeries in the Land of the Fae.

L.P. Dover is represented by Marisa Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency and Italia Gandolfo of Gandolfo Helin & Fountain Literary Management for dramatic rights.

Her Social Links:






Other Books In The Series:

Love's Second Chance

Trusting You

Meant for Me

Fighting for Love

Intercepting Love

Catching Summer

Series Purchase Links:

Amazon | iTunes | Goodreads | 





After losing the woman he loved, and their unborn child, Derek McLaughlin walked away from his team and headed to Wyoming for some much needed healing, and time away from the limelight. Now after a couple months of living on a secluded ranch and making an attempt to rebuild his life he is ready to return home and face the mess he left behind. He is hoping his teammates will have found a way to forgive him for deserting them, and he's prepared to do what he has to earn his spot back on the field, and back to the game he loves. What he doesn't expect to find though is love... he's not ready for it, and not really open to letting it back in again just so it can reek havoc on his life again when the relationship goes south... but the minute a certain brown haired veterinarian walks into his life, there's no denying it was meant to be!

Veterinarian Hayden Hunter got her degree and found the quickest exit out of her hometown, and away from her cheating ex and backstabbing best friend, and has no plans of making a return any time soon. Finding out the last year of her relationship was a sham, damn near killed her, and she decided from that point on that she wasn't traveling down that road again, or getting attached to someone who didn't have their priorities straight. All she wants to do is focus on her career and put everything she has into her new job at the clinic, establish a repore with the community, and prove to her new boss that she was worth hiring. What she doesn't account for though is meeting a guy like Derek McLaughlin, he is unlike any other man she has ever dated, and she is quite certain she is way out of his league, but he is determined to prove that theory wrong... he wants her and he isn't willing to take "no" for an answer!

The minute I met these two I felt myself being pulled into their world, and completely entranced by their beautiful story, and I knew there was no way I was walking away until I had devoured every last word!! It was engaging story line that had me completely entranced from start to finish and featured one the most beautiful and touching approaches to a second at love that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I loved every minute I spent with these two, their story hit me deep, awakened my emotions, left me with tears in my eyes, and stole the breath from my lungs.... and the intimate moments they shared lit my world on fire!!! And in my book it doesn't get any better than that!! I highly recommend this one, it's sure to satisfy!!

If you like second chance romance stories, then I highly recommend you acquaint yourself with Ms. Dover's Second Chances Series, each story is well crafted and equipped with endearing that are sure to leave an indelible mark on your heart!

This Blog Tour Proudly Hosted By Enticing Journey Book Promotions

Comments