The Last Thing She Remembers is Now Live!


The Last Thing She Remembers
Author: J. S. Monroe
Release date: May 28, 2019
Publisher: Harlequin/Park Row Books
Genre: Thriller/Fiction/Crime Thriller



Who can you trust if you don’t know who you are?

She arrives at the train station only to realize her bag had been stolen—her passport, credit cards, laptop, house key now all gone. And even more disturbing, when she goes to report the incident, she can’t recall her own name. All she has on her is a train ticket home.

Suffering from stress-induced amnesia, the woman without a name is a source of mystery when she appears at the sleepy Wiltshire village where she thought she lived. She quickly becomes a source of conspiracy and fear among the townspeople. Why does one think he recognizes her from years earlier? And why do the local police take such a strong interest in her arrival?

From the critically acclaimed author of Find Me comes a shocking new tale of dark pasts and deception, leaving us breathlessly analyzing the role memory plays in defining who we are—and who others think we might be.


B&N I Amazon I iTunes I Google Play I Kobo



Praise for J.S. Monroe’s Find Me

“Pacing is crisp and the plot is credible, but it’s the cast of expertly crafted, psychologically ambiguous characters that rivets.” —Publishers Weekly, Starred review on Find Me

“Monroe's debut thriller is a paranoiac's dream with plenty of twists…an exciting read that combines the thrill of a spy novel and the intimacy of a coming-of-age tale. Fast-paced, satisfying, and, ultimately, life-affirming.” —Kirkus Reviews

“Readers will easily fall into step with sensitive, quick-witted Jar, and Monroe’s journalism experience lends realistic detail to the back-channel investigation. Smart, well written, and tangled in unpredictable twists—a top-notch psychological thriller.” —Booklist

“Fans of thrillers…will want to get a copy.” —Library Journal

“Find Me is a marvelously suspenseful book that keeps you turning pages well past midnight. You’ll be riveted on what its very sympathetic narrator goes through to find the love of his life. She supposedly committed suicide five years ago. But what about all the signs that she’s still alive? You’ll keep guessing until the final mind-bending twist.” —Alice LaPlante, New York Times bestselling author of Coming of Age at the End of Days and Turn of Mind.

"Beautifully written and expertly plotted, J.S. Monroe’s FIND ME had me hooked within the first chapter and Would. Not. Let. Me. Go. This is a captivating, utterly chilling read, the kind of thriller that will keep you turning pages long past your bedtime, and leave you wide awake long after you’re done. First class." —Owen Laukkanen, author of The Stolen Ones and The Watcher in the Wall

"The most ingenious thriller you will read this year. I couldn't put it down." —M. J. Arlidge, Sunday Times bestselling author of Eeny Meeny

“This intricate puzzle of a thriller takes us into the far reaches of the Dark Web and the depths of the human heart. Simultaneously romantic and horrifying, this is a treat for everyone who loved le Carre's The Constant Gardener.” —Lucie Whitehouse, author of Before We Met and Keep You Close

“Find Me is gripping, pointing you toward the worst possibility on every page in this deeply sinister, drip-drip kind of way. And yet there is a lot of true love in there too, creating an endearing balance. This is an intricate story that will stay with you as you read about government, science, and all open-ended missing person cases.” —Caroline Kepnes, author of Hidden Bodies and You

“Intricately woven and heart-stoppingly believable, this has bestseller written all over it.” —Clare Mackintosh, bestselling author of I Let You Go


J. S. Monroe
J.S. Monroe, the writing name of a well-known British author and journalist, read English at Cambridge University, worked as a freelance journalist in London and was a regular contributor to BBC Radio 4. He was also a foreign correspondent in Delhi for the Daily Telegraph and was on its staff in London as weekend editor. He is the author of five other novels and lives in Wiltshire, England, with his wife and their three children.





When an couple finds a young woman on their doorstep that insists they are in her home, they are left quite puzzled. She knows every little detail about their home, and can describe the layout perfectly, but when it comes to her own name she is completely clueless. The couple is certain that she is suffering from amnesia, and given the late hour, they decide to take her in for the night and contact the police, hoping they can help sort things out in the morning. 

But when they meet with the police the next day the answers don't come as easily as they all hoped, and the woman's identity remains a mystery. But the answers will come soon enough... someone is keeping secrets, and they are all about to come to light!

The Last Thing She Remembers is a mind-twisting tale that will have you second guessing yourself at every turn. Each page is layered with drama, mystery, deceit, and action to keep you engaged and on your toes. This was a new venture for me, as I have not read anything from this author up and until now, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with what I found. Just when I thought I had a handle on things, the story line would take a sharp turn, and I was left surprised all over again. I really enjoyed this one, it was dark and twisty psychological thriller that kept me captivated from start to finish!

I requested an advanced copy of this title from NetGalley, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.



Harlequin/Park Row Books via NetGalley Request


Comments

My Recent Reads...

It's release day for Falling Like Snow by Misty Wilson!

It's release day for Chasing Kaylee Kringle by Codi Hall!

It's release day for Broken Rival by Tessa Bailey!