Even if it Hurts by Molly Barlowe is Now Live!!


Even If It Hurts by Molly Barlowe is Now Live!


My life and career have conditioned me to be prepared for—and desensitized to—traumatic events. Rather, they should’ve. But one phone call blindsided me in a way I never expected, and now there's a screaming eight-month-old in my custody.

I would’ve done anything to ensure my niece didn’t enter the system, but I never wanted a family. I never wanted ties to anyone, period.

But then my meddling office administrator forcibly hires a nanny for me, and all my resolute vows start crumbling when I come face to face with Lainey Pearson . . . again.

She’s no one—should be no one. Just an oblivious girl I saved nearly a year ago. But she’s the only one who’s ever rocked me. Consumed me. I immediately want to fire her, but with the social worker breathing down my neck, I need her.

Then again, now that she’s fallen back into my life, having a working boundary might be for the best. My life doesn’t allow for relationships, and last I checked, it was frowned upon to date your employees.

Especially when they’re already in a relationship.







Giveaway!!

Win a $50 Gift Card + Signed Even if It Hurts Paperback




Molly Barlowe

Molly grew up in California but now lives with her husband and daughter in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach . . . which roughly translates to being a homebody and dishing out movie quotes with her hubby. She has a weakness for nerdy movies and loves curling up in a fluffy blanket during a thunderstorm . . . or under one in a bathtub if there are tornados. That way she can pretend they aren't really happening.

Wrote as Molly McAdams from 2012-2024

Subscribe to Molly’s newsletter today!



Molly’s Website: www.mollybarlowe.com

Molly’s E-mail: molly@mollybarlowe.com


Molly’s Amazon Page: https://geni.us/BarloweZon 

 Molly’s Goodreads Page: https://www.goodreads.com/Molly_Barlowe


Asher likes his solitary life, it's simplistic, ,and it's what helps him contain the demons that haunt him daily. Having a family, doing the house with white picket fence thing just isn't something he's ever wanted, it's just not him. Or so he's always believed...

The pages of Even If It Hurts paint a beautiful and heart rending picture of two souls who find that once in lifetime love after so much tragedy. Both have been living half lives, basically living just to survive the day, not for happiness or joy. As we meet them we learn that Asher has just found himself in a place he never thought he'd be, a parent to an eight month old baby. His niece needs someone to care for her and he's been chosen for the job. He's never wanted to be tied to anything or anyone, but the idea of her going into foster care is too much to bear, he cannot let that happen. Even if it means giving up his solitary life. But he also knows there is no way he can do it alone, he has to hire a nanny to fill in where he lacks skills... and that's where Lainey Pearson enters his life. Not for the first time.

Oh how I loved this story, it put a nice little squeeze on my heart, made me smile, brought tears to my eyes a time or two, and left me wanting more. I did not want to let these characters go when that last page found me!! Wow! What a beautiful and all consuming escape!! Highly recommend you take a chance on this one, it's words are destined to leave an imprint on your heart.

I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.



The author, Molly Barlowe




Comments

My Recent Reads...

It's release day for Broken Rival by Tessa Bailey!

The release tour for The Decoy by Ava Sutton!

It's release day for Falling Like Snow by Misty Wilson!