My Recent Read... PAINE by Tracy Lorraine!
PAINE
Series: Rosewood High #2
Author: Tracy Lorraine
Release Date: February 20, 2020
Publisher: Independent
Genre: Dark Romance / YA / Contemporary
She was my best friend. The person I told my deepest secrets to. But when my world came crashing down, it was all because of her family.
From that moment, I realized I’d been wrong to trust her. Her big caring eyes and sweet face were nothing but an act as she’d watched on while I tried to keep my head above water.
That was our past.
Now, I’ve largely put Camila behind me and moved on with my life. Though it doesn’t explain why she’s always there: taunting me, tempting me, showing me the life I could have been living.
I should have been laughing when her own world turned upside down. Karma always wins out in the end. But suddenly we’re forced together once again and I have no choice but to remember the girl I’ve tried so hard to forget.
Tracy Lorraine
Tracy Lorraine is a M/F and M/M contemporary romance author.
Tracy has recently-ish turned thirty and lives in a cute Cotswold village in England with her husband, baby girl and lovable but slightly crazy dog. Having always been a bookaholic with her head stuck in her Kindle, Tracy decided to try her hand at a story idea she dreamt up. Molly and Ryan were born and the rest is history, as they say!
From the moment they met Mason and Camila quickly became the best of friends, they were drawn to one another, and often inseparable. With their families being so close they often spent time together, which only helped to cement the bond they had. But then one day tragedy struck Mason's family and a wedge was driven between the best friends.
Camila was shattered when Mason pushed her away, taking his friendship and love from her, she was completely lost without him. Then she met Noah and he soothed the wounds Mason left behind, and stole her heart too.
But Mason isn't willing to let her go so easily, especially when he learns someone is keeping a secret from her, one that would destroy Camila. He has spent years trying to hate her only to realize his hate was being misplaced, she needs him to save her, but the question is will she let him?
Paine is gut-wrenching tale of loss, healing, forgiveness and second chances. This captivating story line will pull you in from the first sentence, and hold you hostage until the last, I just couldn't pry my eyes from the pages! This one did a number on my heart, these two tortured souls were in desperate need of saving and the only ones they could depend on to do it were each other... but they despised one another. As rough as this one was on feels, I have to say I found a lot to enjoy about it too, it words brought moments that had my heart in my throat, and moments that had it soaring too. I loved watching these two sort things out and find a little happiness, their story squeezed my heart in all the right places. Highly recommend!!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.
The publisher, by personal request









Comments
Post a Comment