My recent read... THORN by Tracy Lorraine!
THORN
Series: Rosewood High #1
Author: Tracy Lorraine
Release Date: November 20, 2019
Publisher: Independent
Genre: Dark Romance / YA / Contemporary
She's an English Rose and I'm about to be a thorn in her side.
She doesn't belong here. From the moment she steps foot in Rosewood High— it's clear she must go.
And I'll use my power to get rid of her. The betrayal I'm reminded of each time our eyes lock must end.
She's a lost rich girl, trying to recover from the death of her parents. But none of that is my concern.
This is my life. My rules. My senior year. What I say goes.
And I say she's done.
Until she proves me wrong...
Tracy Lorraine
Tracy Lorraine is a M/F and M/M contemporary romance author.
Tracy has recently-ish turned thirty and lives in a cute Cotswold village in England with her husband, baby girl and lovable but slightly crazy dog. Having always been a bookaholic with her head stuck in her Kindle, Tracy decided to try her hand at a story idea she dreamt up. Molly and Ryan were born and the rest is history, as they say!
Jake Thorn is the a star quarterback, the king of the school, and the guy every girl on campus wants... except for Amelie. From the first moment that they met he put a target on her back and made it his mission to make her time at his school horrible. Everyday she dreads going to school for fear of what he has planned for her next...
Amelie has just endured an unimaginable loss, her parents lost their lives in a plane crash and now she is left alone, save for her grandma in America. Leaving London was heartbreaking, she left everything she knew for a place that she knows nothing about. But her grandmother promises this new change is going to be wonderful for her, which she has serious doubts about once she meets some of her knew classmates... especially the uber-sexy, and Grade A jerk Jake Thorn!
Between the pages of Thorn readers will discover a heart-wrenching and dark tale of loss, healing and first loves. Jake and Amelie were quite the pairing, both suffering unimaginable losses, he was abandoned by his parents at a young age, and she lost her parents in an accident. These two carry a lot of hurt on their shoulders, and it takes recognizing their mutual pain in one another's eyes to finally put them on common ground, an once they do all bets are off. The initial distaste for one another starts to fade away and love begins to bloom... but not before many little bumps along the way. I enjoyed watching this one play-out, watching them go from enemies to lovers, and both finding a way to heal and overcome all they had endured. I highly recommend you get your hands on this one, it was so darn addictive, once my eyes found the words I just couldn't pry them away!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest opinion.
The publisher, by personal request









Comments
Post a Comment