A recent read... Just My Luck by Lena Hendirx!


Just My Luck
Series: Kings #2
Author: Lena Hendrix
Publisher: Kensington
Release Date: May 26, 2026
Genre: Romance/Fiction/Contemporary


You might think it’s reckless for a single mom to enter into a marriage of convenience with her boss...

You would be correct.

To make matters worse, Abel King is a grumpy local brewer with a criminal past. He also happens to be my boss and a total stick-in-the-mud. Every time I come to work with a smile and wave, I’m lucky if I can get a grunt in response.

When I accidentally-on-purpose overhear that he’s having trouble securing a business loan due to his criminal record, I hatch a plan to help the both of us.

The arrangement is perfect—a business transaction and nothing more. Like having a roommate without the hassle of other people bugging you for dates.

I will definitely not be falling in love with him—no matter how many times he says “my wife” and tingles dance in all the right places.

Trouble is, as time goes on, things stop feeling like business and start feeling a whole lot like pleasure... and really, that’s just my luck...


Purchase your copy here!


Lena Hendrix

Lena Hendrix is a USA Today and Amazon Top 5 bestselling author of contemporary romance that blends small-town charm with emotional depth and open-door heat. A Midwest girl, she enjoys hiking, camping, fishing, gardening, and flannel-wearing fictional men. She lives in Illinois and dreams of someday owning a coastal Michigan lake house with questionable WiFi but excellent vibes. 

Connect with her @authorlenahendrix on Instagram and TikTok and at LenaHendrix.com.


Sloane knows what it feels like to experience the worst sides of love and the idea of going down that road again is something she's not ready for at all. But desperate times call for desperate measures and right now her boss needs a little help and so does she... and she's got the perfect idea to solve all their problems. Or at least she hopes so...

Just My Luck is a story healing, resilience, family, conquering demons, and finding love. When we meet our heroine she has just went through a devastating and life altering divorce, moved her family across the country for a second chance at life and it's been one rough road for them all, one that she wouldn't wish on anyone. But this road has taken her to a place that may just be the answer to all of her prayers... provided she just hasn't made the mistake of a lifetime by offering up her hand in marriage to her boss. He needs money to buy out his father's stake in the family business and she needs her inheritance to provide a more stable life for her children and ailing grandfather. But in order to access that inheritance she must be married, so comes the faux marriage for the sake of business. Or is it just for the sake business?

This was my venture into this series and I have to say it left quite a good first impression, so much so, that I am planning to make a return visit and read the installments that I have missed out on. I loved the characters so much, they welcomed me in and made me feel right at home. I also loved the small town vibes, the air of mystery lingering between the pages, and the glimpses into the other characters lives... I cannot wait to see where their stories lead us next! Highly recommend this one, Abel and Sloan have one heck of a story to tell, one that'll keep you enthralled from start to finish!

I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, via NetGalley, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.



The publisher, via NetGalley request








Comments

My Recent Reads...

It's release day for Broken Rival by Tessa Bailey!

The release tour for The Decoy by Ava Sutton!

It's release day for Falling Like Snow by Misty Wilson!