First in a new series from Lori Foster!


NO HOLDING BACK
Author: Lori Foster
Publisher: HQN Books
Release Date: January 26, 2021
Genre:  Contemporary Romance/ Romantic Suspense



Introducing The McKenzies of Ridge Trail, an all-new sexy contemporary romance series from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster.

Not needing him won’t stop her from wanting him…

Trucker Sterling (Star) Parson is no stranger to the challenges a woman faces, both in her industry and in life. But she can take care of herself. She’s never needed—or wanted—a man around...until she meets Cade McKenzie. The take-charge bar owner sets off all kinds of alarm bells for Sterling, but he also sets her heart racing.

Cade’s lived in Ridge Trail long enough to know trouble when he sees it, and the moment Sterling—Star—walks into his bar, he knows trouble’s come to call. Secrets run deep in the small town and Cade can tell Star’s got as many as he does, leaving him itching to uncover every last one. But finding common ground will mean trusting one another, further feeding an intense attraction that’s growing impossible to resist.






Lori Foster

Since first publishing in January 1996, Lori Foster has become a USA Today, Publisher’s Weekly and New York Times bestselling author. Lori has published through a variety of houses, including Kensington, St. Martin’s, Harlequin, Silhouette, Samhain, and Berkley/Jove. She is currently published with HQN.  Visit her online at LoriFoster.com. 




Star Parson developed a thick skin a long time ago and it has suited her well being in the line of work that she is in. Being a truckdriver is typically something one would label a man's job, but she has found a way to make it her own, and also use it to do her true mission in life, save people from human trafficking. She blends in, scans the other drivers, and can quickly pick out someone who doesn't belong, her instincts are usually spot on. That is until she runs across bar owner Cade McKenzie... that man found a way to sneak past her radar and wander straight into her heart! 

No Holding Back is an action-packed tale riddled with edge of your seat suspense and intense toe curling romance. As I settled down with this one I had an inkling that I was going to be in for a real treat and boy was I ever! I loved the tough as nails heroine, it's not too often you find one of those that can honestly stand toe-to-toe with the man vying for her heart. Star was not only impressive on paper, but inspiring as well. She had made it her mission to save others from a very ugly world, and she didn't care if she lost herself in the process, she was selfless and so strong. And when that world got a little ugly and a little too close it was Cade who came to her rescue, and he did an outstanding job at saving the day.... and stealing my heart right along with Star's! These two were pure magic together, they brought intensity, passion, compassion, and strength to every page... I loved everything about them! I look forward to more additions to the series, if they are anything like this one I know I will love them! Got to say Ms. Foster really outdid herself with this one, it took the top seat as my favorite read from her to date! Highly recommend!!

I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.




The publisher HQN, via a NetGalley Request




Comments

My Recent Reads...

It's release day for Broken Rival by Tessa Bailey!

The release tour for The Decoy by Ava Sutton!

It's release day for Falling Like Snow by Misty Wilson!