The Blog Tour for The Wedding Dilemma by Mariah Ankenman!


THE WEDDING DILEMMA
by Mariah Ankenman 
Publication Date: May 17, 2021 
Genres: Adult, Entangled: Amara, Contemporary, Romance



My life has always been pretty predictable. Run into burning buildings, save those in distress, be a hero. Shoot the shit with my fireman buddies, come home, and do it all again tomorrow. Little did I know that a random SOS call from a woman stuck in a plaster cast with nothing underneath (I swear I only caught a flash of skin) would throw me for a complete loop.

Until I see the flighty artist again. At my mom’s engagement party. To her dad.

Suddenly the unpredictable woman I couldn’t stop thinking about is my soon-to-be-stepsister. Yeah, the same one I mortified when I accidentally saw her a tiny bit naked. This should make family gatherings way more interesting.

Except when your mom’s as loaded as mine is, you can never fully let your guard down when a guy comes sniffing around. So I can’t help but be suspicious, even though his daughter’s the perfect blend of beautiful and wild. As we spend more time together, prepping for our parents’ wedding, we both agree that maybe there’s nothing wrong with having a little bit of fun in the meantime. But if she knew I was investigating her dad on the side, she would never forgive me…







This close, he could smell the aromas of acrylic paint and greasy hamburgers wafting from her skin and clothing. It was an odd combination, but somehow, on Tamsen, it worked. He noticed how blue her eyes were. Not a speck of green or brown in them. Just pure, pale blue, like a summer sky without a cloud in sight. She also had a faint smattering of freckles running across the bridge of her nose. And those lips, full and pink, just begging for him to taste them. He was so close. All he’d have to do was lean in another inch or so and he could—

“I don’t see a lump. Just a bit of redness.” She sighed happily. “Phew. I’ve already embarrassed myself enough around you. No need to add giving you a concussion to the mix.”

He pulled back, grateful she interrupted his wayward thoughts before he could do something outrageous like act on them.

Yeah, I’m super grateful I’m not kissing this beautiful woman right now.

“You guys are pretty good,” he said, leaning back against the wall to put as much space as possible between them in the tight hallway. It didn’t help much.

She scoffed, cocking out a hip and placing her hand on it. “Good? We’re destroying you.”

Oh, so she liked smack talk? “Last time I checked, the scores were tied.”

“Only because we’re going easy on the heroes. It’s a courtesy that ends now.” A wicked smile lit her face. “Little tip, we always crush it in the last half of the game.”

“The same way you all crush paper towel logo wear?” He reached out to tug on the tail end of the flannel, knotted at her waist, just above the black leggings that were hugging every dip and curve of her legs and ass. Not that he’d been staring. Much.

“I look adorable and you know it.”

He grinned at her sass. “I was going to say hot as hell, but adorable works too.”

Oops. Where had that come from? He knew he wasn’t supposed to be flirting with Tamsen, but he couldn’t seem to stop himself. Her eyes widened, cheeks flushing red.

Lifting a finger, she pointed it in his face. “Don’t try to distract me, Parker. You guys are going down.”

“Those sound like betting words.”

“Wanna put a wager on the game?”

Yes he did. But not the kind of wager he should.

“Okay mister hot shot firefighter.” Her arms crossed over her chest as her eyes danced with overconfidence. “Name your stakes.”

“Sex on the beach.”

Her jaw dropped, mouth popping. Heat filled her gaze as her face flushed. Her tongue came out to swipe against her lower lip in a move that he was sure wasn’t intentional, but had him groaning all the same.

“Colorado doesn’t have any beaches,” she whispered in a breathy voice.

He leaned in close until their faces were centimeters apart. Arching one eyebrow, he answered, “I meant the drink. It’s what you had earlier, right?”

The flush on her cheeks turned bright red, a nervous laugh escaping her as she shook her head. “Oh right, yes. It was. You meant bet for drinks.”

He hadn’t. Not really. But he’d have to settle for outrageous flirting and taking extra-long cold showers for the next…however long this weird chemistry thing lasted.

“Loser buys drinks.”

She held out her hand. Knowing it was a bad idea to touch her, even her hand, but unable to stop himself, Parker grasped her hand in his and shook. Electric sparks shot through his blood at her touch. It felt like the first time he picked up a hose. Thrilling and right. Weighted.

When her team did indeed crush it in the second half of the game, Parker sent over her drink and watched with pained fascination as she sucked from the straw, wishing like hell Colorado had just one fucking beach.






Mariah Ankenman

Bestselling author Mariah Ankenman lives in the beautiful Rocky Mountains with her two rambunctious daughters and loving husband who provides ample inspiration for her heart-stopping heroes. Her books have been nominated for the prestigious RWA Golden Heart® and CRW Stiletto awards. Whether she’s writing hometown heroes or sexy supernaturals, Mariah loves to lose herself in a world of words. Her favorite thing about writing is when she can make someone’s day a little brighter with one of her books.






a Rafflecopter giveaway 





Comments

My Recent Reads...

It's release day for Broken Rival by Tessa Bailey!

The release tour for The Decoy by Ava Sutton!

It's release day for Falling Like Snow by Misty Wilson!