The Review Tour for Varsity Captain by Ginger Scott!
Lucas Fuller was her everything, her best friend, first crush, first kiss.... and then he wasn't. Things out of their control got in the way and it destroyed what was between them. June and her mother left town shortly after the implosion and things for her haven't been the same. But now they are back in town, hoping for start fresh, and June is hoping to get her best friend back. But it may take a lot time and patience on her part, as Lucas has chosen to completely faze her out, and make her his enemy.
This heart-wrenching romance will have your heart at first glance, it's first love gone wrong and it comes brimming with all the feels you can handle and then some. These two were once inseparable, but life meddled in their lives and left them forever changed. Now they hardly speak, only sneak glances here and there, and try their best to keep their distance. Even if both of them honestly don't want to, but it's what they have to do. They are mortal enemies with very little chance of forgiveness...
Varsity Heartbreaker will give you all those first time love feels, torture you with it's words, and leave you moved. It's not an easy fall kind of romance, as there are some moments when the hero does some unforgivable things. But you will eventually get to the good stuff, you just have to have a little patience. I really enjoyed this one, it gave my heartstrings a nice little workout!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.
My Review of Varsity Captain:
June Mabee is the girl that has had his heart from the moment they met, but these days they are enemies that can't stand the sight of one another. There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't regret hurting her and cutting her off two years ago. But, as much as he knows it was wrong, he also knows that he had no choice in the matter, it was what had to be done. Something entirely out of his control. It's been two years since they have laid eyes on one another, and now that she is back he knows that she is going to get under his skin all over again. She is a temptation he can't ignore...
Varsity Captain once again reunites us with June and Lucas, but this time we are seeing their love story through his eyes. And I have to say it is just as heartbreaking as the first go around, these two tore at my heart, and stirred up my feels. Even though I knew what was coming, it was interesting to see it all play out a little differently. In a matter of a few pages I was hooked on these two all over again, it was such an enthralling romance!
If you are a lover of YA romances, then I highly suggest you take a chance on this one, it's characters are bound to steal your heart upon first meeting!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.
Comments
Post a Comment