The Release Blitz for Hateful Regent by Helen Scott & Zoey Shelby!


RELEASE BLITZ
Title: Hateful Regent
Series: Sweetest Revenge #2
Authors: Helen Scott & Zoey Shelby
Genre: Dark Enemies to Lovers College Romance
Release Date: November 28, 2021


Finding out who murdered my sister was supposed to be easy…

The Boys of Ascendance Bay are more complicated than I ever imagined. Between what Jude told me and the creepy notes that I’ve found in my room I’m beginning to wonder if there’s more to my sister’s death than I first thought.

Melody is pushing harder for me to find the evidence we need to take our revenge. Add to that pledging Pi Ep and the Regents taking an interest in me, and my already full plate is starting to overflow.

It doesn’t help that my cold, dead heart is trying to beat again for two of the guys we suspect had a hand in our sister’s murder.

I’m too damaged, too lost in my father’s web to fall for them though. If I did that it would only ruin us all and start a war between our families the likes of which has never been seen before…




PURCHASE LINKS


Free in Kindle Unlimited



ALSO AVAILABLE... 



#1 Bloody Princess


Free in Kindle Unlimited

*****


COMING SOON...


#3 Cruel Reign – Releasing April 25th





"What's going on with you?" I finally snap and let a little of the anger I'm feeling seep into my voice.

"I'm working doubles to pay for a shitty apartment, while you party and run around flashing your cunt at people, and the whole reason we did this seems to have escaped you. I've looked into every name you've sent me, I've organized the video that got Thayer and his girlfriend to break up so you could get into his room without suspicion...I'm the one doing everything."

"Every time I bring something up, you shoot it down and act like I'm an idiot! Besides, if you think getting close to these guys is so easy, maybe we should switch places. You can do school for a while, and I can be a barista. I mean how hard can it be?" I snarl back at her.

"You'd get fired on the first day, and then I'd be jobless—and probably homeless shortly after that. The fact that you don't understand anything about how to take care of yourself says more than you'll ever know. Besides, I don't want to have to spread my legs for murderers."

My anger flares even hotter within me at her words. "You think I'm whoring myself out to them?"

"Aren't you? I thought we were supposed to be getting evidence, but you seem more interested in getting naked."

I down my drink and get up, walking slowly and deliberately to the kitchenette, where I pour myself another drink. "I'm enjoying a tiny bit of freedom. I'm so sorry that offends you. Maybe they do things differently at your old boarding school, but here, freedom is something we value, and I haven't had much of it until now."

When I turn back around, Melody's face is red with anger. Or maybe shame. I can't tell with her anymore.

"You know nothing of being trapped," she spits the words at me. "I just don't want to be the only one who gives a shit anymore. If you don't want to get revenge for Lyssa's death, then at least have the balls say so."

"I want revenge. I just want to get it on the right person, whereas you seem to be content with all kinds of collateral damage. You're a grenade. I'm a sniper. Yes, it may take a little longer, but innocent people aren't going to get hurt."

"Oh, and you think your fuck boys are innocent?" she scoffs.

"No, but I don't think they hurt Lyssa either. Jude maybe, but you won't even listen to my concerns with him, so I don't know what to do anymore."

"Concerns? What? That Lyssa was his sister? They were fucking. She was pregnant. He was her baby daddy, not her brother."

"And you're sure about that? One hundred percent positive?" I challenge as I walk over with my fresh drink.

"Obviously, I can't be one hundred percent positive—no one could."

"Then we should look into it," I practically yell the words at her.

"And how do you suggest we do that? Interrogate Aunt Sophie? Exhume Lyssa's body for a DNA test?"

"Yes!" I feel like she might finally be starting to understand where I'm coming from.

"You want to dig up our dead sister to get a DNA sample?" She sounds shocked, but her face doesn't quite match up, as though she's had this thought before.

"If that's what it takes. Mel, you faked your death for this. The least we can do is try and get a DNA sample if we think it's a good lead."

Guilt flashes over her face. "Disturb Lyssa's rest?"

"We can talk to Aunt Sophie first," I hedge, knowing that neither of us want to go that route.

"We may as well go straight to Dad if we're going to do that. God, can you imagine what his reaction would be if we asked him? 'Sorry Dad, but we think Lyssa might not have been your kid. Do you know anything about that?’" Melody snorts.

I, on the other hand, shudder. His reaction would be nothing short of a bomb going off, and I'd be the one to bear the brunt of the explosion. Mel doesn't notice my reaction, which is good. There's enough going on without getting into my history with our father.

"Okay, so if we don't want to talk to Aunt Sophie, then that leaves us with exhumation." I finish the rest of my drink, nauseous at the prospect of digging up my sister's grave.




Helen Scott

USA Today bestselling author Helen Scott spends her time alternating between fantasy and reality. She likes to think she’d be sorted into Hufflepuff and would have been a Physical Kid from Brakebills. Her days are fueled by tea and cuddles from her four-legged kids and amazing husband in their home in the Chicago suburbs.

When not reading or writing, Helen can be found baking, enjoying a walk in the woods, crafting, or playing video games. She’s a lover of sushi and K-Dramas and is convinced there is magic in the world if you know where to look.

Whether paranormal or contemporary, Helen loves writing sassy, kick-butt heroines and drool-worthy love interests. She's the author of the House of Wolves and Magic series, the Cerberus series, and the Of Demons and Dragons series.

Subscribe to Helen’s newsletter for a free book to get started on the adventure today!









*****

Zoey Shelby

Zoey Shelby lives in the midwest with her wild imagination and characters that won’t be quiet. She is terrified of snakes and ghosts. She loves llamas. She’s a chai tea addict and really hopes you enjoy the adventure her stories take you on.






The plan was simple, infiltrate the school, find the guilty, and seek revenge. But for Lyric it seems as though it's not going to be as simple as she thought, between adjusting to this new life she's creating and getting mixed up with the Regents things are proving to be quite complicated. There is no way she can come out of this unscathed...

Hateful Regent gives us the closer, in-depth view into the Regents and the girl that has caught their undivided attention, that we have been craving. And it doesn't take long to learn that our heroine isn't quite on the most level playing field with those around her. She knew getting the information she needed for revenge was going to be tough, but she didn't account on falling for one or two of them either. She's playing a dangerous game, one that could cost her everything if she is not careful...

Just as the first installment, Hateful Regent is a very dark and dangerous offering that is bound to push boundaries and take an open mind to fully appreciate. These characters will take you places you never expected them to go... it's a mind twisting read bound to leave your jaw on the floor more than a few times. I cannot wait to see how things turn out for our heroine and her suitors, as well as, if she will find all the answers she has been searching for... and if she will come our of this with a happy heart. Highly recommend this one, it's words will keep you thoroughly entranced from beginning to end!

I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.








Comments

My Recent Reads...

It's release day for Broken Rival by Tessa Bailey!

The release tour for The Decoy by Ava Sutton!

It's release day for Falling Like Snow by Misty Wilson!