Shields of Sparrows
Release Date: May 6, 2025
Genre: Fantasy/Romance/Fiction
If you’re not terrified, you’re doing it wrong
Long ago, the gods unleashed monsters upon the five kingdoms of Calandra to remind us that humans are insignificant—that we must pray to the gods for mercy throughout our fragile, fleeting lives.
I didn’t need a deity to remind me I was powerless. Being a princess had never been more than a performance—twenty-three years of empty titles and hollow traditions. My sister revels in the spectacle, basking in the attention and flawlessly playing her part. I was never asked to be part of the charade.
Until the day an infamous monster hunter sailed to our shores. The day a prince walked into my father’s throne room and ruined my life. The day I married a stranger, signed a magical treaty in blood, and set off across the continent to the most treacherous kingdom in all the realm.
That was the day I learned that not all myths are make-believe. That lies and legends are often the same. And that the only way to kill the monsters we fear was to become one…
Devney Perry
Devney Perry is a Wall Street Journal, USA Today and #1 Amazon bestselling author. Born and raised in Montana, she loves writing books set in her treasured home state. After working in the technology industry for nearly a decade, she abandoned conference calls and project schedules to enjoy a slower pace at home with her husband and two sons. Writing one book, let alone many, was not something she ever expected to do. But now that she’s discovered her true passion for writing romance, she has no plans to ever stop.
Learn more about this author here.
Odessa has known what her life was to be like the moment her father promised her hand to her someday husband. She never thought her life would be anything more than being a princess and doing what the king ordered her to do...but little does she know her life is about to change in ways she never anticipated!
Shield of Sparrows is Ms. Perry's first venture into the world of fantasy and I have to say I think she was made for this world. I am not normally a fantasy romance reader, they are just not really my thing, but when I saw who the author of this one was I decided to give it a chance. I have read several of Ms. Perry's other titles and I love her writing style, the way she paints the picture of the world she is writing about, the one of a kind characters she develops and makes impossible not to love and her well penned and always captivating words.
It took a bit for me to wrap my head around this one and really get into, but I eventually found my way. It was engaging and emotive the whole way through and of course it left me dangling helplessly from the edge of my chair when the last page came. Overall I found it enjoyable and it left me just curious enough to maybe pick up the next one and see where the pages lead our heroine next!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.
Comments
Post a Comment