It's release day for Call Me Yours by Elizabeth Bright!
It's release day for Call Me Yours by Elizabeth Bright!
Steven McAllister is a villain. Once a villain, always a villain, right?
There’s no one I hate more in our small town, and now that my dad is his boss, I can’t avoid him. And maybe…maybe I don’t want to. Because the more I get to know him, I realize there’s more to him than I thought. With each intimate conversation and accidental touch, the sizzling tension between us grows. He makes me laugh. We understand each other in a way no one has before.
Then a positive pregnancy test turns my life upside down. The timing couldn’t be worse, but this might be my only chance to be a mom, and I’m taking it.
This baby isn’t Steven’s. My problems aren’t his to solve. My messy life isn’t his to clean up. But he didn’t seem to get the memo, because he keeps showing up.
If Steven is a villain, why does he keep acting like a hero?
Tropes:
Small Town Cowboy
Hate to Lovers
Accidental Pregnancy (but it's not his)
"Crawl" (but she says it)
Redemption
Ride-or-Die Friend Group
AMAZON: LINK HERE
GOODREADS: LINK HERE
Elizabeth Bright
Elizabeth Bright writes smart, passionate romance with heart, humor, and heat. "Sparkling prose...unrelentingly sharp...unabashedly nerdy." (Bookpage) When she's not writing stubborn heroines and the men who adore them, Elizabeth can be found hiking and rock climbing. She lives in Washington, D.C. with her two daughters, who are every bit as headstrong and wonderful as the characters she writes.
Sign up for Elizabeth's newsletter to be the first to hear about hot deals and new releases! https://www.elizabethbrightauthor.com/
Steven McAllister is the bane of her existence, her least favorite person on the planet for a very good reason. He has done some things that have given him a reputation, things that cannot be easily forgiven. Then her dad does the unthinkable... he hires him. Now he is everywhere he shouldn't be... and she doesn't like it one bit. Or does she?
Call Me Yours is a beautifully written story of forgiveness, healing, unexpected surprises, friendship, and finding forever. Chole didn't like the idea that Steven was everywhere he shouldn't be, always just around the corner to snarl at her, make his comments, and drive her crazy. She knew he was someone she should keep her distance from, but when your dad hires the enemy you can't really escape him. Then little by little he begins to grow on her, smiles are exchanged, hatred turns to mediocre like, and jabs turn to witty banter. It's something completely unexpected for both of them, a little confusing too, since they are supposed to be sworn enemies. But it just works. Can she really like the enemy enough to want to kiss him?
This is my first visit to the series and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Lodestar Ranch. It was a captivating and heartfelt journey that I won't soon forget. It also left me curious enough to want to revisit and read the stories that I have missed out on. I mean if this author can make the most hated man of the series likable, then I know I am really missing out some good reading!! If you like western romances than I highly suggest you give these two a shot, they had my heart and attention in a matter of a few pages.
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.










Comments
Post a Comment