It's release day for How to Kill a Crime Writer by Sarah Lotz!
How to Kill a Crime Writer
Author: Sarah Lotz
Release Date: July 21, 2026
Publisher: Penguin Random House - Berkley
Genre: Mystery/Thriller
She wrote for a living. But who wanted her dead? When bestselling author Annie Morrissey is found dead, her daughter Niamh knows in her gut it’s no accident – even if the case needs a good edit.
The village is strangely uneventful.
The suspects are suspiciously normal.
The leads quickly turn into dead ends…
But when Annie’s final manuscript lands on the doormat, the pages humming with mystery and suspense, the lines between fiction and reality begin to blur.
This can’t be a coincidence.
Because if Niamh learnt anything from her mother’s crime fiction, it’s that there’s no such thing. And that village secrets never stay buried for long…
From the award-winning novelist & screenwriter, How to Kill a Crime Writer is a funny, mind-bending mystery that will stay with you long after the end.
Sarah Lotz
Sarah Lotz is a bestselling novelist and screenwriter based on the Welsh borders. Her novels include The Impossible Us, The Three, and Day Four. Learn more about this author here.
As soon as she arrives in her mother's village Niamh knows things don't seem to be as they appear...there is no way her mother suffered an accidental death. Someone knows something and she is determined to uncover the answers, even if it means turning over every stone. Then her mother's last manuscript arrives on the doorstep and she has a feeling it might just point her in the right direction...or closer to death if she's not careful!
How to Kill a Crime Writer was an interesting and action-packed venture between the pages. Just when I thought I might know where things were going something else would arise to stir up my suspicions. As I followed Niamh on her journey it was easy to identify with her, as I too have recently lost someone. I knew the grief and guilt that plagued her, but also appreciated that she tried to find humor here and there too, to keep things on a lighter note.
This was an out of the norm kind of read for me, but I have to admit that it had moments that impressed and kept me entertained. It was the title that drew me in and the suspense that kept me flying through the pages! Highly recommend!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, via NetGalley, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.








Comments
Post a Comment