It's release day for Knights Like These by Kendall Ryan!
![]() |
Knights Like These
Series: Off the Ice #3
Author: Kendall Ryan
Release Date: July 23, 2026
Publisher: Independent
Genre: Romance/Fiction/Sports Romance
![]() |
He was my first kiss. My first everything. And then he married someone else.
I've been in love with Archer Lockwood since I was fourteen years old. I've never told him. I stood at his wedding, held his newborn twins in the hospital, and cried in my car afterward. I smiled through every moment that should have been mine—because that's what best friends do.
Now Archer is divorced, overwhelmed, and raising two three-year-olds alone during an NHL season. When he calls for help, I pack a suitcase and fly to New York.
The plan was simple: help with the kids, keep my distance, and don't fall in love.
The plan lasted about seventy-two hours.
Because his twins have me wrapped around their fingers. His house feels like home. And he keeps looking at me like he's finally seeing something he missed.
I've waited years for Archer to look at me like that.
I just wasn't ready for what happens when he finally does.
Tropes:
Single dad x Nanny
Hockey goalie x ballet dancer
Childhood best friends
Forced Proximity
Touch Starved Hero
Slow Burn
Kindle: https://amzn.to/4nH9QGy
Goodreads: https://geni.us/grknights
Kendall Ryan
Kendall Ryan writes contemporary romance. Her books have been featured on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestsellers lists a combined total of more than 100 times.
Connect with Kendall Ryan: https://www.kendallryanbooks.com/instagram/
Sydney has secretly loved her best friend Archer Lockwood since they were teens, but that love seemed to be one sided. So through the years she stood by his side as his friend, watching him marry another woman, have children with that woman, and live the life she thought they'd always live. So as she saw him settle into his new life, without her, she decided it was time to let him go once and for all.
Knights Like These is a beautifully penned story of friendship, love, new beginnings, family, and taking chances. Sydney has done everything she can to move on from her feelings for Archer, he made his choices and she wasn't part of them. She's created a life for herself, full well knowing it'll never be quite like the one she planned.
Then one day out of the blue Archer calls, his life is falling apart. He's a divorced single dad and he has an impending hockey season to prepare for and he needs help with his twins. He doesn't want just anyone coming into their lives, he wants her. For a second she revels in that idea, but knows it'll never be like she'd hoped all those years ago. He just needs his friend to bail him out of a jam, nothing more, nothing less... or is it?
This heartfelt story really did a number on me, I felt for Sydney and all she lost in those opening chapters, her loss felt like it became my loss too. Then just as she started to find her way in the world, he called and lured her back in. I admired her resolve, her wanting to resist all those old feelings and hopes and dreams. But I also saw that her love for him never wavered, as much as she like to claim that it did. He was supposed to be her forever and for the first time in their lives he's looking at her like that too, and my heart soared for her, for the possibilities of what could be. It was such a beautiful and emotionally charged journey... one that I am certain will linger for a while. Highly recommend this one, it's a slow burn romance that tortures in all the best ways!!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.
The author, Kendall Ryan










Comments
Post a Comment