The Gingerbread Bakery by Laurie Gilmore is Now Live!
Laurie Gilmore
Annie and Mac have history, the kind of history that left a unshakable ding on their hearts, and the kind of history that made them instant enemies. Annie has spent the last decade avoiding him at all costs and made it known that she would not make room for him in her life, in any capacity, again. But now they are about to be thrown together again for the sake of their friends wedding and it's going to be a reunion neither were expecting or wanting... a reunion that is certain to be filled with fireworks. And not the good kind of fireworks... well maybe?
The pages of The Gingerbread Bakery hold the story of two people who tried their hand at love once and failed miserably. But love isn't giving up on them that easily. When they find themselves being forced into one another's orbit again for a friends wedding it's evident that there are some serious ill feelings there, but also some unresolved feelings too. Could it be possible to still love someone who hurt you after all these years? It's a question that Annie is not wanting to think about but constantly does anyway.
I really enjoyed delving between the pages of this one, it was my first visit Dream Harbor series and I have to say it's pages really delivered. Within a matter of a few pages I felt right at home with these characters and enjoyed watching Annie and Mac's forced reunion unfold. Tensions were high, the banter was on point, and the love bits were quite heartwarming... it was an enjoyable escape for sure! I'm definitely making a return visit to read all the stories I have missed out on! Highly recommend!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, via NetGalley request, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.









Comments
Post a Comment