It's release day Just Don't Call It Love by Erin Nicholas!
Just Don't Call It Love
Series: Bayou Blades #1
Author: Erin Nicholas
Release Date: January 23, 2026
Publisher: EN Fiction, Inc.
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Fiction/Sports Romance
Welcome to Rebel, Louisiana-- where the humidity feels personal, even the otters hold grudges, and chaos is a competitive sport.
I used to play hockey in sold-out arenas. Now my wrecked knee and I are stuck in a little bayou town that’s been mad at me for a year. I need a big comeback–and ZERO drama.
So first thing, I get tackled at the airport by a sunshiny woman in yellow overalls who’s thwarting my kidnapping… by her grandpas.
That’s Nora Delaune—Parks & Rec director, caffeine-powered menace, and the only person in town willing to give me a chance. She needs me to win games and help save the town’s ice arena before it gets turned into a laser-tag nightmare.
And I… kind of like being needed by her. Even when she’s producing a singing, dancing, wig-wearing ice extravaganza that is definitely not hockey.
Then my sister—the team’s new owner—drops the bomb: if Nora and I “date,” the town might stop hating me.
Fine. We’ll fake it. As long as we don’t call it love.
But between late-night practices, the sugar-addicted swamp-werewolf mascot, otter drama, and the way Nora looks at me like I’m worth rooting for…I’m in trouble.
I came to Rebel to rebuild my career.
I didn’t expect to lose my heart doing it.
Erin Nicholas
Erin Nicholas is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty sexy contemporary romances. Her stories have been described as toe-curling, enchanting, steamy and fun.
She lives in the Midwest with her husband who only wants to read the sex scenes in her books, her kids who will never read the sex scenes in her books, and family and friends who say they’re shocked by the sex scenes in her books (yeah, right!).
You can find Erin on the web at www.ErinNicholas.com, on Instagram at ErinNicholasBooks, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ErinNicholas... and on BookBub at https://www.bookbub.com/profile/erin-
It's Nora Delaune's job to create magic, or rather to dream up and create elaborate events that'll entice folks to want to visit her little town in Rebel, Louisiana. She's good at her job, loves her little town and would do anything for it... even if it means fake dating a hockey player that has the town talking, and not in a good way!
Just Don't Call It Love is a hilarious and heartfelt faux romance story that will have you smiling like a fool the whole way through! When Alex Olsen arrives in Rebel he instantly notices that there aren't many people standing around to welcome him to town, nor are there many that are pleased to see him. He has landed himself on their list and he isn't completely certain why, but lucky for him the towns beloved matriarch has a plan to change that. If they get the word out that they are dating then the love they have for her will eventually find it's way to him too... well hopefully anyway. It's not all at where he saw himself at this point in his life, but after meeting Nora things are definitely starting to look up!
From beginning to end this quirky little cast of characters had me completely entranced, they had me laughing out loud more than a time or two, and of course made me feel right at home, so much so, that I didn't want to leave them when the last page found me. Highly recommend you meet the folks in Rebel, Louisiana, they'll treat to one heck of a good time!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.








Comments
Post a Comment