My recent read... Ask Me by Tawna Fenske!


Ask Me
Author: Tawna Fenske
Release Date: December 6, 2024
Publisher: Independent
Genre/Trope: Romantic Comedy/Fiction/Small Town Romance


Ask anyone in town for the best guy to rev your engine and they’ll point to me.
Ask anyone who’s read a book or watched TV, or hell…
Any human with a pulse knows Brooke Braham is America’s top advice guru.
I don’t need a PhD to see I shouldn’t fall for the famous shrink.
It’s not like an auto shop owner can’t run with the rich and beautiful, but guess what?
Turns out the good doc and I share more than scorching chemistry.
She lost her sister in the worst way, and I—
Well, let’s just say it messes with a guy to learn his dead addict mom isn’t.
Dead, I mean. Who knew?
Not my big pack of rowdy brothers.
My sister might’ve sensed it, but I had a different take.
One I’ve never told anyone.
There’s stuff I should take to the grave, but Brooke’s got me all up in my feelings.
Turns out they aren’t just below the belt.
She’s funny and smart and loves my big, doofy dog.
But we can’t get involved.
It says so right there in her book.
Love’s not for folks facing major life messes, which is us in a nutshell.
So much for sexy sand sledding lessons that can’t lead to more.
Ditto for using my childhood tire swing in ways that would make a mechanic blush.
I can’t fall for Brooke, no matter what my busted-up heart believes.
I’m a guy with a rep for fixing anything.
Almost anything. Let’s not dwell.
The last thing Brooke needs is me rescuing her like she’s some damsel in distress.
But what if we’re meant to save each other?
One click this opposites-attract romantic comedy with a small-town mechanic who might just be the soulmate for a famous advice guru.


Purchase your copy here!


Tawna Fenske

When Tawna Fenske finished her English lit degree at 22, she celebrated by filling a giant trash bag full of romance novels and dragging it everywhere until she’d read them all. Now she’s a RITA Award finalist, USA Today bestselling author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Publishers Weekly has praised Tawna’s offbeat romances with multiple starred reviews and noted, “There’s something wonderfully relaxing about being immersed in a story filled with over-the-top characters in undeniably relatable situations. Heartache and humor go hand in hand.”

Tawna lives in Bend, Oregon, with her husband, step-kids, and a menagerie of ill-behaved pets. She loves hiking, snowshoeing, standup paddleboarding, and inventing excuses to sip wine on her back porch. She can peel a banana with her toes and loses an average of twenty pairs of eyeglasses per year. To find out more about Tawna and her books, visit www.tawnafenske.com.


Brooke Braham lands in Cherry Blossom Lake with one thing one her mind, to heal her grieving heart and find a cure for her writers block. Losing her sister was something she was not prepared for, it's a loss that haunts her everyday. She knows her grief is holding her back and keeping her from finding the words, but maybe her publisher is right and a stay in this charming little town will help her find her way again... or change her life in ways she never saw coming.

Ask Me was a very emotional literary journey for me, as I too have lost my sister (and niece) in a very tragic and unexpected way. As I read Brooke's story I found myself relating to her in many ways, understanding her pain on a different level and also understanding that grief interferes in your life and makes it hard to sometimes do the things you love to do. For me it has effected my love of reading. I have always used books as my escape, and somedays my grief keeps me from being able to focus on the words and being able to find that escape... which is very frustrating for a book nerd like me. 

Watching Brooke find her way back to the words, heal her ailing heart, and find love was not only uplifting, but gave me hope too. Hope that maybe someday it will be a little easier to pick up a book and not have to worry about my grief interfering. 

This was such a wonderful addition to the series, it had moments that put a smile on my face, made me swoon, and also brought me a sense of joy that I really needed! Highly recommend you meet the folks of Cherry Blossom Lake, they will steal your heart at first meet!

I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.


I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.





Comments

My Recent Reads...

It's release day for Broken Rival by Tessa Bailey!

The release tour for The Decoy by Ava Sutton!

It's release day for Falling Like Snow by Misty Wilson!