It's release day for Drifter's Heart by Sofia Aves!
Drifters Heart
Series: Valiant Peak Rodeo #2
Author: Sofia Aves
Release Date: September 8, 2026
Publisher: Storm Publishing
Genre: Fiction/Romance/Contemporary Romance
This addictively steamy Western romance from USA Today bestselling author Sofia Aves will captivate fans of Elsie Silver, Lyla Sage and Elliott Rose.
I’ve never stayed anywhere long enough to call it home. Working for my best friend at Coyote Falls is the closest I got, and I walked away from that too.
But then Cord’s sister Winnie, who’s been strictly off-limits for the past decade, crosses my path in a downtown bar.
She’s been running her own race for years—solo mom, paramedic, the woman who picks up strays off the street and fights everyone’s corner but her own. I know a lot of things about Winnie that I’m not supposed to. I know she counts her locks at night. I know her ex is dangerous. And I know she thinks she doesn’t need saving.
My drifter’s heart never let me put down roots before. But between training a wildcard protégé for the biggest rodeo ride of the season and finding every excuse to be wherever Winnie is, Coyote Falls is starting to feel less like unfinished business and more like home.
And this time, I can’t walk away.
Fall in love with Wilder West and Coyote Falls if you’re a fan of:
Brother’s-best-friend forbidden romance
Single mom heroine with a fierce protective streak
Brooding cowboy hero with a guilt he can’t outrun
Small-town rodeo world with high-stakes competition
Found family and found home
Steamy romance
Sofia Aves
USA Today Bestselling author Sofia Aves writes fast-paced police romances, sizzling military units, steamy cowboys with a Montana backdrop and the occasional cheeky god. Sofia writes kidlit for charity and has over one hundred and fifty publications across five not-so-super-secret pen names. She’s the acquisitions editor for Evernight and Evernight Teen publishing and is a mum of three crazies in a returned veteran household. Sofia has two overly large fur babies who think they’re teacup puppies.
Sofia lives near Brisbane, Australia where she has her own alpaca park, Lorendel.
Learn more about this author here.
After finding herself on the bad side of love Winnie found an inner strength that has allowed her to fully embrace being a single mom and providing for herself. Depending on someone else is out of the question... or is it?
Drifter's Heart is a story of taking chances, healing, finding your inner strength, finding home, and discovering that once in a lifetime kind of love. As we meet this pairing we find that love isn't really on their radar, but little do they know love is about to be all they see. West has always been good at being a grifter and not having anyone depend on him and Winnie tried love once and still has the scars to prove it. But then they bump into one another and suddenly the thought of putting down roots and giving love a second chance doesn't seem so bad. But it's not a love that comes all that easily, they both have baggage to unload and put to rest and outside forces to contend with too first.
The moment I started this one I knew it was going to be a good story, the characters drew me in, dropped little kernels of their story, and captivated me just enough to keep me turning the pages. I am a huge western romance fan and I have to say this one held it's own amongst some of my favorites, it had the heartfelt emotion, broody cowboy dead set on not falling in love, and the strong feisty heroine who keeps him on his toes! It was quite an enjoyable read, one that I am sure you will enjoy too if you give it a chance! Highly recommend!!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, via NetGalley, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.
The publisher, Storm Publishing, via NetGalley request








Comments
Post a Comment