The Review Blitz for PIECES OF YOU by Jay McLean!
💙🧩 𝗛𝗢𝗧 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 🧩💙 ⠀𝗣𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗬𝗼𝘂, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀𝘁𝘆, 𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝗗𝘂𝗲𝘁 𝗯𝘆 𝗝𝗮𝘆 𝗠𝗰𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗘! #𝗢𝗻𝗲𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆! They could’ve been perfect. In another time. Another world. Where his wasn’t falling apart. And hers wasn’t already in pieces. ___ High school senior Holden Eastwood only has one fear in life: growing up. He spends his days unmotivated, moving from one game to the next, searching for his next challenge. He never expected that challenge to come in the form of a girl… A girl with zero fashion sense, a filthy mouth, and a bullsh*t attitude. Unlike Holden, Jameson Taylor had no choice but to grow up. Neglected, isolated, and forced to raise herself, Jameson only has one goal in life: graduate and move on. The last thing she needs is some guy she can’t stand suddenly declaring her as his new hobby. Their lives couldn’t be more opposite. Their pasts a complete paradox. But in each other, they find the unexpected… They find solace. Fragments of forever… A forever that might tear them to pieces. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Writer. Reader. Mom. Wife. Master of awkward Sarcasm. Jay McLean is a full-time reader, writer of New Adult and Young Adult romance, and skilled procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her three boys, investing way too much time on True Crime Documentaries and binge-watching reality TV. She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her laugh, make her hurt and make her feel. Jay lives in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, in her dream home where music is loud and laughter is louder. |
From the moment they meet Holden Easton stirs something up inside her that she has never known... and she's not so sure she likes it. He is known as the school playboy, a charmer that is constantly breaking hearts every where he goes. He has no qualms about letting girls know that he prefers one night stands over dating. He is honestly the last guy she should want to have anything to do with, but she doesn't really have a choice when they get thrown together for a school outreach program.
Now she is forced to spend her afternoons with him and fight her fluttering traitorous heart every time he is near. As much as she doesn't want to like him, she can't seem to convince her heart that he is bad news... it's a never ending battle she feels like she is going to lose.
Pieces of You is a heartbreakingly beautiful story of personal growth, learning to trust, friendship, and everlasting love. These two young souls, with already battered hearts, find themselves thrown on each other's paths when a school outreach program pairs them together. At first they seem to rub each other the wrong way, their conversations always ending with someone being a little irritated. It's not so much that they don't like one another, it's that they are attracted to one another, and they would rather deflect their feelings than give into them. It's a constant battle for both of them, but somewhere along the way they start to lose the fight, and find themselves falling for one another. But there are many things standing in their way, things that could put an end to them, before they ever get started...
This addictive page-turner had me hooked in a matter of a few pages, I was completely and utterly obsessed with the words!! I felt myself drawn to these characters in a way I haven't been in a long time, it was an instant connection that I couldn't sever. They spoke to my heart, shattered it, and now I am hoping they will repair it when we reunite in the next installment. I cannot stop thinking about that ending, I have so many questions to be answered, hopes to be fulfilled, and I am sure there is more torment is to be experienced. I highly encourage you to pick this one up, it's words will move you, and it's characters will steal your heart at first glance. It is by far one of the best reads I have read this year!!!
I requested an advanced copy of this title from the publisher, and I am voluntarily leaving my honest and unbiased opinion.













Comments
Post a Comment